Different from the previous model, this self-lubricating wear plate utilizes cast brass and graphite as raw materials, featuring powerful movement guidance and control and convenient self-lubrication.
If the existing self-lube wear plates fail to reach your requirements, we can also provide tailor-made service and produce nonstandard wear plates according to your drawing.
Product material: High-strength brass and graphite
Use: For automobile dies & molds
Wear Plate Installation and Selection Guide
Steel with Graphite Plugs & Aluminum Bronze with Graphite Plugs
1. When installing and/or after cleaning, we recommend that a coat of 20 wt% oil be applied to the wear surface to help start the lubricating process.
2. If grinding is necessary, grind only the back or edges of the wear plate, not the plugged side of the wear plate.
3. It is not necessary to lubricate the wear plate after the initial coat of oil is applied.
Plain Steel & Steel with Graphite Plugs
1. It is important that wet grinding techniques be used if grinding is necessary.
2. When wet grinding, do not remove more than .0002" to .0004" (0.005 to 0.010mm) at each pass.
Failure To Comply With These Recommendations May Result In Cracking Of The Wear Plate
Recommended Conditions for Maximum Performance
1. Aluminum Bronze with graphite plugs against plain (ungrooved) steel.
2. Steel with graphite plugs against plain (ungrooved) steel.
3. Aluminum Bronze with graphite plugs against cast die – not recommended if load exceeds 300 psi (20 bar).
4. Steel with graphite plugs against cast die – not recommended if load exceeds 200 psi (13.5 bar). Must have balanced load.